QP's Graduate Evening 2017, London - 27th June
We're building on our most popular interview preparation seminars from last year and give you a whole evening to discuss all things including interview questions and answers, interview preparation, career advice, physiotherapy's future and new exciting opportunities. To this, we'll be adding a couple talks from external speakers and a chance to network with physios in the field and peers. And free drinks and treats!
We'll be following a similar format to our previous interview seminars. You'll get:
- Real interview questions and answers discussed for each core area of physiotherapy (MSK, Neuro, Acute/Respiratory): Discussion around recent interview questions & their answers, and what recruiters look for in the interview.
- Interview advice from a senior physio in the field: Top tips from a physio specialist in the area (MSK, Neuro, Resp/Acute) for the preparation to the interview and your future job.
- Opportunity to discuss interview topics: An opportunity to ask all your burning questions before the interview.
- Recruiters’ tips on CVs and applications: Advice coming directly from recruiters on how to best tailor your CV and application.
- Your own interview packs to take home: Key points from the seminar, interview questions examples and exclusive resources to take home with you.
- On-going support before/after the interview: Access to our bespoke training, tailored preparation, and career advice.
Andrew Davidson, MSK specialist
Andrew is our very own MSK hotshot and he's been involved in QualifiedPhysio from the start. He has had extensive experience in the NHS as a senior physiotherapist, and has developed a special interest in chronic pain. He is also active in research, particularly the management of tendinopathies, and sits regularly on interview panesl. Andrew regularly runs our MSK interview preparation seminar and has written our MSK pack.
Joe Steel, Neuro specialist
Joe Steel is a physiotherapist based at the London Spinal Cord Injury Centre in Stanmore. Joe’s primary interest is in complex neurological rehabilitation, and he has worked in a wide range of settings with neurological patients accross London. He is actively involved in research, currently looking at spasticity management modalities within the spinal cord injured population. Joe runs our Neuro seminar and is the one behind our Neuro interview pack.
Josh Tipple, Respiratory specialist
Josh is a senior Physiotherapist currently working for ACERS, an award winning MDT supporting people with respiratory disease. Throughout his NHS experience, he has worked with a wide range of patients with lung conditions, from acute wards to the community, offering his expertise to optimise physical activity and reduce admissions within this patient population. This makes him the perfect guy for our respiratory seminar, and he is the one behind our respiratory interview pack.
We have 2 great guest talks confirmed for the evening:
Jonny Sumner, Academy Physiotherapist for Tottenham Hotspur FC will tell you his story from university to touring with a top professional sports team. He’ll also talk about ways to get into elite sports, more specifically football: What options are there? What kind of courses should you take? How to get in contact with clubs? This will be followed by a Q&A so you can ask any questions you may have on the topic.
Cat Weber, Senior Physiotherapist in Polytrauma, will talk about the role of Physios in major trauma. From everyday incidents to high profile stories, from natural disasters to terrorist attacks, she’ll tell you about the realities of working in a major trauma centre, and the reasons why it can be such a tough but rewarding experience.